Fairview Session Update: Reopening for Worship
Updated July 1, 2020
FOR VIDEO VERSIONS OF THE SAME INFO, BY PASTOR JEFF:
Video 1 (May 26, 2020): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xA93Ci45y8
Video 2 (June 24, 2020): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zVhkPR7I-s
Or just read below.
Dear Fairview Family,
After eleven weeks of Fairview Home Worship, session is pleased to announce that we will resume onsite worship again.
We need to follow some important safety precautions, not out of fear. But out of love for neighbor, in honor of our Lord Jesus’s commands in Matthew 22:39. Our policies seek to limit duration (time spent with one another), occasions (times of contacting one another), and other quick-spreading causes, all to prevent any rapid spread of the virus. Such policies, like those Joseph set in Egypt, are made to “preserve lives” (Genesis 45:5), even as we are glad to finally worship together and be together.
Effective June 7, 2020, we will resume in-person worship and starting June 28, 2020, we have revised our policies as they stand today below. Note that if Beaver County changes its cautionary policies, session will review and respond accordingly, and communicate with you.
- LIVESTREAM. We are committed to keeping a livestreamed worship for any and all who need to worship at home during this uncertain time. We have gotten lots of new equipment. And we have volunteers dedicated to making this happen. But: It is still “not the way it’s supposed to be.” We look forward to seeing you again in person.
- ONSITE (Begun June 28, 2020):
9:00am Service: Masks Strongly Encouraged.
10:45am Service: Masks Optional.
Livestream will be held during the 10:45am service.
WORSHIP PROTECTION POLICIES
- There will be masks and hand sanitizers available when you walk in.
- NEW (June 28, 2020): We have appointed the 9am service for more protection. This service is encouraged for: older seniors, any who are most vulnerable, individuals with a vulnerable family member, or perhaps you simply prefer an early service.
- Please continue social distancing while in the building. We continue to encourage families to worship together in the pews. And every other pew will be marked off to keep distancing.
- If sick or with a fever especially, please worship with us from your home.
- Please be assured that we are regularly sanitizing the worship space.
- Greet with joy! But avoid physical touch greetings.
- For now there will be no nursery. Please parents of little ones, do not worry about children making noises in the service.
- After worship, please no lingering indoors. Go outdoors to socialize if you must, so we can start the next service and exit the building.
- Stay tuned to weekly announcements about other regular-occurring ministries. Currently reopened: The Rock, Covenant Kids, and Young in Heart. Currently still online: Weekly prayer. Currently suspended: Sunday Evening worship.
- One-time events are permitted to resume, subject to approval by the session. There may be a limit on the number allowed for the gathering.
Originally passed by the session of Fairview Reformed Presbyterian Church, May 21, 2020. Updated July 1, 2020