Christmas Eve Candlelight Service
December 24, 6pm and 7:30pm
Christmas Eve Candlelight Service – The Christmas Eve Candlelight Service will still be held this year. It is a simple reminder that in this dark world, the great light of Jesus shines. A remembrance candle will be lit to honor those who have passed in 2020. And our offering will go to retired missionaries, pastors, and ministry widows who did not have enough to retire. More details:
- A 6pm service will be “masked”
- A 7:30pm service will be “masks encouraged, but optional”.
- For both, worshipers need to abide by the pew spacing and keep family distance of 6′.
- We will livestream the 7:30pm service. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TU7nFaDYaXU
- Candles will be prepared over 5 days ahead, and remain untouched until then.
- There will be a separate basket for depositing the ‘experienced’ candles.
Livestreaming this year? For livestreamers, you are encouraged to find some candles to light at home. Turn off your own lights except for your Christmas tree. And feel free to light your candles when we light ours.
- Ministerial Relief Offering – The number of retired PCA Teaching Elders will triple over the next 20 years. A significant number of these families will not have sufficient savings to meet their retirement needs. In the next 25 years, the projected number of widows needing assistance will quadruple. Currently it takes $500,000 a year to meet the needs of our church servants. By 2035, it will take $5.5 million a year.
- Ministerial Relief provides financial assistance to pastors and their families who are unable to afford basic living and medical expenses. We also assist disabled pastors by providing income as needed, and help with health insurance payments when pastors are transitioning between calls.