Fairview Church is committed to global missions.
“Thus it is written,” the Bible says, “that the Christ should suffer and on the third day rise from the dead, and that repentance for the forgiveness of sins should be proclaimed in his name to all nations, beginning from Jerusalem.” Luke 24:46-47 (ESV)
We believe the whole world is God’s field for mission. He intends to redeem all creation, and especially its people to Jesus Christ. We get to play a part. While Fairview Church is committed locally to Beaver County, verses like the one above also tell us we have a worldwide responsibility to “all nations.”
We have had a vibrant missions committee for many years. Our missions fund which supports global missionaries and agencies has gradually and steadily grown almost every year for the last 31 years. This means Fairview Church is able to support missionaries in nearly every major region of the world as well as organizations here in the United States. For reason of privacy and protection, we do not post names of our missionaries online. Although we are very proud to support, pray for, and keep in contact with them.
We support missionaries in:
- Africa (Niger, Uganda)
- Asia (India and the Philippines)
- Europe (Germany, Croatia, and France)
- Latin America (Chile, Cuba)
- United States (Child Evangelism Fellowship, the Presbyterian Church in America, and Mission to North America).
- World Missions (Mission to the World)
- And we also pursue occasional Short Term missions trips overseas.
Our missions are both diverse and focused:
- Diverse: To children, through medical work, through the arts, in theological education, and through ministries to special needs, and to the families of lepers.
- Focused: To bring redemption of all things and people to salvation and spiritual growth in Jesus Christ.
Keep your ears open every March. For over 20 years, we hold a World Missions Conference. For four nights at Fairview Church, we hear from missionaries coming from all around the world! We also hold a Junior Missions Conference, to spark a missionary heart in our children. Join us!
Do you want to help? If you sense a calling or conviction to help redeem God’s world through missions, ask anyone at the church and they can point you to our committee chairman, Mr. Rosh Raines. He can be reached at [email protected].
May God save the world.
For our local work, see also our local missions.